Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blog Post #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?
By: Chelsea Powers



In this video of Ms.Cassidy's 1st grade class the students demonstrate how they use technology in their classroom. The students look like they have a very good time collaborating with each other.


Ms. Cassidy's video part 1

In this video I learned the importance of technology in the classroom. I also agree with her about how college students should learn as much as they can about it while they are still in school. She also states that technology is not going to just go away or change. There is always something new and exciting to learn about. Ms. Cassidy also states how the students enjoy to see people from all over the world reading their blogs and different projects they do. I believe this would want students to continue improving their work because they know it's just not their teacher that will be reviewing their work.

Ms. Cassidy's video part 2
I can relate to Ms. Cassidy when she states in her interview about how she does not use social media at home in her personal life. I use social media just for this class. I do not have Facebook! The only reason I have Twitter is for this class. I will implement blogging and Skype in my future classroom but I will be very cautious in protecting my students as well. I had to give permission for my son to use the internet at his school as well, which I think was a great idea! I can see why parents do not want their children using social media.


Ms. Cassidy's video part 3
The thing that really stood out to me in this video was the term "Piggybacking". One of the students in the EDM 310 class asked Ms. Cassidy about it being easy for students to cheat when using social media from year to year or semester to semester. Her response was this is why it is important for teachers to collaborate and work together to change up the material so students can create their own response to the new material.

2 comments: